During these challenging times, we’re navigating through uncharted territories together. It’s normal to feel uneasiness and uncertainty about our personal and work lives. Below are some resources to help you take care of yourself and loved ones:
- Use the BC government’s resource page to help you manage COVID-19 stress, anxiety, and depression. In addition, download the COVID-19 BC Support App and Self-Assessment Tool and find the latest federal COVID-19 health related updates, including travel advisories.
- Stay fit by joining fitness classes hosted by our member benefit partners, including YYOGA and Oxygen Yoga.
- Read CPABC’s Newsroom and CPA Canada’s articles on mental wellness:
COVID-19 has disrupted many British Columbians’ financial situation. Some have seen their incomes abruptly reduce or eliminated, while others have seen their investment go in the red. Here are some resources to help you plan and manage your finances during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Check out CPA Canada’s COVID-19 financial literacy resources, including Survive and Thrive, which is now free for download. Also listen to the CPA Canada’s Mastering Money podcast series.
- Read CPABC’s Newsroom and CPA Canada’s articles on managing your personal finance:
- Use your COVID-19 financial support wisely, experts say
- Rational decisions in turbulent times
- Tips to manage through a volatile market
- How to manage your personal finances during the COVID-19 crisis
- 4 key steps to crisis budgeting during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What should I tell my younger self? CPAs share their personal finance tips
- For small business owners, CPA Canada’s small business webinar series to learn about key topics, from financial statements basics to effective financial management, and as well as topics around COVID-19.
- To help you and those in your community gain financial education, you can also request and host a free virtual session from the CPA Financial Literacy program for your community. We offer 48 free and unbiased sessions for a variety of audience groups. Each session is delivered by a CPA member and includes a presentation, a variety of activities, and an opportunity to ask questions. Email us to schedule a session that best fits your needs.
CPA Canada Financial Literacy program and its national development sponsor, Canada Life, has put together series of free upcoming and on-demand webinars on financial literacy topics related to COVID-19. Experts will weigh in on current financial hurdles and the impact they have on our mental health.