Ethics Reminder regarding Government Subsidy Applications: With the array of both federal and provincial government assistance, CPA members and students are being asked by their clients or employer to provide guidance as to their eligibility of these programs and/or to prepare application forms for these benefits. As they provide services to their clients or their employers regarding these government programs or consider applying for themselves, all CPA members and students are encouraged to read our ethics reminder when preparing government subsidy applications for their clients or employer or for themselves.
Your COVID-19 Resources
- Government and Tax Programs: The latest updates and information on federal and provincial programs related to COVID-19.
- Economy and Business: The latest on BC’s economy and useful tips and resources on issues like cybersecurity and working remotely, to help businesses navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Webinars: A daily updated list of COVID-19 related webinars from CPABC, CPA Canada, and other reputable business organizations.
- Financial Reporting and Assurance: COVID-19 resources on audit, assurance, and financial reporting from the profession and other related organizations.
- CPA Students and Employers: The latest information and upcoming virtual events for current and future CPA students, as well as employers who hire CPA students.
- Health and Financial Wellness: Tips and resources on how to maintain your health and mental wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CPABC is committed to our core mandate, which is to protect the public. On March 26, the provincial government announced that accounting and professional services (including lawyers and paralegals, engineers, accountants, and translators) have been listed as essential services.
Unless otherwise advised, compliance and regulatory activities will continue in the normal course. All members are also reminded of their obligations under the Code of Professional Conduct. Members experiencing challenges should reach out to us proactively.
For latest updates on membership dues and professional accounting corporation permit renewal and fees, visit the 2020-21 Member Dues page.
DISCLAIMER: Certain links on this site take you to other websites, resources or tools maintained by third parties over whom CPABC has no control. CPABC provides these links only as a convenience and is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. CPABC makes no representations or warranties regarding, and does not endorse, any linked website, the contents thereof, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that CPABC sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for any linked website. If you decide to visit any linked websites, you will do so at your own risk. CPABC bears no responsibility whatsoever for the content, accuracy or security of any websites that are linked (by way of hyperlink or otherwise).