Apply for Membership
Are you ready to apply for membership? Based on your program of studies, please select the appropriate designation below:
CPA - CFE Passers
Please ensure you have completed all of the following prior to submitting your membership application form. Please note: Membership applications with outstanding requirements or requirements in progress will not be processed.
- Completed the CPA Program Requirements
- Passed the Common Final Exam (CFE)
- Completed the Practical Experience Requirements (PER) (confirmation email received)
- Completed the required seven-hour Professional Development course Gateway to Membership: Welcome to the Pros
- Annual Student Fees (CPAWSB) must be paid for the current academic year
Please read the Membership Application Guide before beginning your application. To apply, click the Membership Application Form.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Newly admitted members going into Public Practice - please be aware that an application for a practice license must be made separately to the CPABC Public Practice department.
CPA’s from other Provinces or Territories
*Important Notice* - New Online Application Process for CPABC
CPABC has implemented a new online application form for CPA’s from other Provinces effective July, 2022.
Those requiring membership in BC from other Provinces/Territories will need to use our new online based application form to submit their membership request to CPABC.
No further paper based applications will be accepted for CPABC under this membership pathway.
Membership Application forms for CPA Yukon and the Provincial Confirmation forms process (for both BC and Yukon) will remain unchanged. Completed Provincial Confirmation forms must be submitted to CPABC directly from other Provinces/Territories.
The CPA Act reserves the use of the titles “Chartered Professional Accountant” and “Professional Accountant” to CPABC members in good standing and registered firms.
To apply for membership with CPABC, please complete the CPABC Membership Application for CPAs from other Provinces or Territories form. This form consists of two documents: The CPABC Membership Application for CPAs from other Provinces or Territories form and the Provincial Confirmation form.
Membership applications with outstanding requirements or requirements in progress will not be processed.
- The CPABC Membership Application for CPAs from other Provinces or Territories Form is to be fully completed by the applicant and submitted online.
- The Provincial Confirmation Form is to be emailed to all Provinces and/or Territories in which applicants are currently a member. Your CPA provincial body will complete the form and submit it to CPABC on your behalf.
To apply for membership to CPABC, please review our Membership Application Guide for instructions on how to access the online form.
Once access is granted; complete the online application & submit the Provincial Confirmation form to all Provinces/Territories in which you hold membership.
- CPABC Membership Application for CPA's from other Provinces or Territories (Online)
- Provincial Confirmation form – for membership with CPABC
To apply for membership to CPA Yukon, please download and complete the form.
Applicants to CPA Yukon will need to supply a valid Government issued ID with their Application for verification of legal name. Please review the Membership Application Guide for a list of accepted IDs.
Readmission to Membership in CPABC
Former members who apply for readmission to membership in CPABC because of resignation or cancellation will be required to meet the readmission requirements in force at the time of application.
- Completion of Membership Readmission Form
- Payment of Outstanding Dues and Fees
- Reporting of Continuing Professional Development
- Two Canadian CPA Sponsors/References
- Review of any Prior Conduct History
- Review and Recommendation of the Membership Committee
Signature Requirements for All Membership Applications
CPABC requires an original signature from the Applicant as a part of the Character Declaration.
If you are having difficulty providing an original signature; please contact email@example.com for further assistance.