The Objectives of CPABC
The objectives or purposes of the organization as described in the Act are to:
- Promote and maintain the knowledge, skill, and proficiency of members and students;
- Establish qualifications and requirements for admission and the continuation of membership, and for the enrolment and continuation of enrolment of students;
- Regulate members and students;
- Establish and enforce professional standards; and
- Represent the interests of members and students.
Underlying all of the purposes spelled out by the Act is the protection of the public interest.