January 16, 2014
A complaint was filed by the Association against Mr. Eugene Man Wai Mar, CGA, alleging he failed to comply with an Order issued by the Ethics Committee. Additionally, the Association alleged Mr. Mar did not complete sufficient CPD hours as required by CGA-BC policy.
The Discipline Committee Panel found Mr. Mar was in breach of CGA-BC’s Code of Ethical Principles and Rules of Conduct in effect from September 22, 2012 as follows:
Rules R302 – Professional Development; R601 – Compliance; R604(c) – Admittance to Membership because:
- He did not comply with the CPD Standard;
- He failed to comply with the Bylaws and the Code of CGA-BC; and
- He has not upheld the standards of his profession as agreed to when he applied for membership with CGA-BC.
- Fined $8,000;
- Assessed full costs of $2,061.91;
- Required to improve conduct by paying the outstanding $3000 fine from the June 20, 2012, Ethics Committee decision; and
- Required to improve his conduct by complying with the CPD requirements for the 2012-2014 reporting period.
As the Discipline Committee Order was not complied with, Mr. Mar is suspended from membership for one year effective February 7, 2014.