CPABC How to Series
CPABC launched a new quarterly webinar series called “CPABC How to Series”. Each webinar includes interactive breakout rooms to connect audience members directly with our Panelists to ask their own questions and learn all the “how to’s” such as how to apply to CPA, how to find the right employer, salary, and much more.
Click links below to watch recordings of past webinars.
- April 4, 2023 – How to negotiate compensation: Learn how to position yourself in job interviews and performance reviews to shine a light on all your accomplishments and what you bring to the organization. This webinar addressed what to say, how to say it, and how to communicate all of this in a receptive manner to work in your favour, to increase your compensation package, benefits, and salary.
- February 15, 2023 – How to negotiate salary and package: Showcased three panelists from BC Public Service, BCLC, Grant Thornton LLP who spoke about salary tiers, benefits, financial assistance, career development supports, and work culture within their organizations and how they support new hires and current staff pursuing the CPA pathway to designation.
- October 20, 2022 - How to start a coffee chat: Coffee chats are a form of networking for job search to learn more about a career path, company or to seek general advice and knowledge sharing between two or more parties. Let’s hear from panelists and how we can conduct our own successful coffee chats.
- September 15, 2022 – How to work your passion with CPA: Learn how to make the CPA designation your own, and how to align your accounting career path to your interests, passions and values. Learn how our panelists have connected the dots and aligned their foodie passion into their successful accounting career paths!
- May 27, 2022 – How to apply to CPA program: How to apply for CPA assessment is based on your applicant pathway. Audience members viewed a live presentation and entered Q&A Breakout Rooms with CPABC/CPAWSB staff who answered live questions, and provided guidance and tips for a smooth evaluation process.
CPABC How To Series
CPABC How To Series