Becoming a CPA – The Essentials
Started in May 2021, CPABC’s Student Recruitment team hosted a limited series of short 30-minute webinars aiming to explain the small, yet essential details of the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) and answer related questions from the audience. Each webinar focused on a specific topic, such as program fees, application steps, program timeline and deadlines, and more.
Click links below to watch recordings of past webinars.
- June 24, 2021 – How to Apply: Application steps for the CPA PEP
- July 22, 2021 – CPA Preparatory Courses vs. PEP Modules: What are the key differences?
- August 17, 2021 - Application Deadlines Before Entering PEP: Overview of timeline and important deadlines
- September 21, 2021 – Timelines and Deadlines after Entering PEP: Important academic and practical experience dates to be aware of after entering PEP
- October 21, 2021 - How to Use the PER Self-Assessment Tool: Find out if your previous, current, or future position aligns with the Practical Experience Requirements (PER) of the CPA program
- November 17, 2021 - Understanding the Mature Entrant Pathway: For those who do not have a degree, but have substantial accounting-related work experience
- January 20, 2022 - Learner Support: Services, resources, and contacts available to CPA Candidates
- February 16, 2022 - Overview of Public Practice Licensing: Find out what’s the difference between becoming certified as a CPA and licensed as a public practitioner
- March 30, 2022 – Scholarships and Bursaries: Learn about the CPA Education Foundation and what scholarships and bursaries it offers