Job Change EVR to EVR
Students/candidates must submit their Change of Job CPA Review within 90 days of their employment status change.
CPABC Practical Experience team must assess your former EVR experience before you can start reporting your new EVR experience in PERT. The following circumstances are considered an “EVR to EVR” job change and require the submission of a CPA Review (Change of Job):
- Your former experience route is EVR and one of the following options can be applied:
- You changed an employer, and the new experience route is EVR
- You changed a role/title due to a lateral move at your current employer
For example, shifting roles from a Financial Analyst to a Business Analyst is considered a substantive change and requires a job change assessment. If you are being promoted in your current role – that doesn’t require a job change assessment; however, you are encouraged to attach an updated job description to your next experience report.
- You are currently unemployed and looking for work
Do not start reporting your new (current) job in PERT until your CPA Review (Change of Job) has been completed.
Before you request your job change assessment, please ensure the following in PERT:
- All experience has been reported up to your last date of employment (or the last day before the change in the role) and all experience reports are in “Verified” or “Reviewed” (not “New” or "Completed") status.
- The latest Mentor meeting is close to the last date of employment (or the last day before the change in the role) and has detailed comments on the reasonableness of your self-assessed proficiency levels for both technical and enabling competencies. If it is not, you will need to ensure a current Mentor meeting is completed before requesting a CPA review.
- All Leave Taken days are reported (if any).
Refer to the CPA Practical Experience Requirements (PER) Section 2.5.3 Allowance for time of.
- All quoted report periods are consecutive, not cumulative.
If you have gaps in your reporting, please leave a note in the most recent report with an explanation to support your CPA review.
Step 1: Create an EVR report
Create a new EVR report with the End Date equal to the last date of your previous job.
All public practice candidates are required to attach a signed CPA Chargeable Hours Form to the report (see chargeable hours form). Please ensure the form reflects the same period of time reported in PERT. The form must be signed by you and the Program Leader.
Consider providing this additional information in the Notes area of your experience report:
- The name of your new EVR employer, office location, job title, start date
- The name of your current Mentor
- Explanation of gaps between reports (if any)
Once your experience report(s) are verified by your supervisor, you can request a CPA Review / Change of Job Assessment.
Step 2: Request a “Change of Job” assessment
Request a CPA Review: for the review reason, select the “Change of Job Assessment” option.
You will be notified once the review is complete.
Step 3: Update your PERT profile
After your job change assessment is completed by CPABC Practical Experience team, your experience route will be changed to “Unemployed” and your reporting status will be changed to “Unemployed”. Your Mentor may be also removed.
Your next step is updating your PERT profile to reflect your new experience:
- Change Experience Route from “Unemployed“ to “Experience Verification”.
- Identify your current Mentor if needed.
Step 5: Create an EVR report and report practical experience
You can create new EVR experience reports once you have accumulated at least 3 months of work.
No position held for less than 3 months will be recognized as part of the minimum 30 month term.
Require Further Assistance?
Inquiries can be directed to the CPABC Practical Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name on your PERT profile in the subject line of your email. You may be also asked for your CPA ID number.