I’ve been retired for a year. Do I still have to do CPD?
Members who meet all of the following criteria may be exempt from the prescribed minimum number of CPD hours:
- Their Gross Active Revenues* does not exceed an indexed threshold for the calendar year as noted here;
- They do not engage in public practice as defined in the CPABC Bylaws at any time in the calendar year;
- They do not serve in any of the following capacities for a public company or reporting issuer as defined in the CPABC Code of Professional Conduct at any time in the calendar year:
- As a member of its board or similar governing body; or
- As a member of its audit, finance, or similar governance committee; and
- They comply with “Rule 203 (Professional competence)” in the CPABC Code of Professional Conduct.
*Gross Active Revenues include the aggregate of accounting and non-accounting revenues from employment, self-employment, and all other active sources, whether earned personally or through a business entity. Gross Active Revenues do not include Employment Insurance benefits, pension income, support payments, or disability income.
To declare eligibility for exemption from the CPD requirements, sign into CPABC’s secure website.