CPABC Career Week
Date: April 25-26 & May 5, 2023
Location: Hosted virtually on Hopin and in person at the Vancouver Convention Centre
CPABC Career Week is an all-in-one hybrid recruitment event featuring career workshops, employer information sessions, and numerous networking opportunities with hiring managers, HR professionals, and recruitment experts.
From April 25 – May 5, 2023, over 600 participants and 42 organizations registered to network and engage with their peers on important career topics. Here’s a recap of how the week unfolded.
Career workshops cover everything from networking, hybrid work, resume building, and newcomers support so job seekers can put their best self forward. Participants tuned into 9 career workshops ahead of the exciting employer engagements programmed throughout the week, including:
- Aston Carter: Interview Best Practices
- CPABC: Application and Employment Success
- CPABC: Top Notch Resumes
- ISS of BC: Global Training Loan Program 2.0
- Kashfi Immigration: Immigration Pathways
- MOSAIC: Settlement and Employment Services for Newcomers
- Robert Half: Career Development in the Hybrid Business Environment
- STRIVE Recruitment: How to Successfully Navigate the Job Search Process
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S.: Active Career Connect and Engagement Project (ACCEP)
Employer Information Sessions
Hosted virtually on Hopin, 15 organizations showcased their unique workplaces and diverse career opportunities so that job candidates could make informed decisions about where they want to work. Thank you to the following organizations for recording a session with CPABC:
- BDO Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Clearline CPA
- Crowe MacKay LLP
- D&H Group LLP
- DMCL LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP
- Hub International
- KPMG Canada
- LLT LLP
- MNP LLP
- Office of the Auditor General of BC
- RHN CPA
- Rolfe Benson LLP
- ZN Advisory Services Inc.
A quick and effective way to meet hiring managers and recruitment professionals one-on-one, over 300 virtual speed networking sessions took place on CPABC’s virtual event platform.
Hosted in-person at the Vancouver Convention Centre on May 5, over 200 attendees met with 30 organizations to expand their network and explore exciting career opportunities in business, accounting, and finance.
Thank you to everyone who participated at our hybrid event in the Spring!