The CPABC Act and Bylaws provide for the licensing of individual practitioners, the registration of firms, and the issuance of permits for corporations.
The public practice licensing framework is summarized here:
- the definitions of “public practice,” “public accounting,” and “other regulated services”
- how these definitions are associated with the different categories of licensing
- which services can be offered under each category.
In addition to the licensing process, the practice review program protects the public by assessing the compliance with professional standards of members/firms that perform assurance, compilation, and other specified engagements.
2022-23 Key Renewal Dates for Public Practitioners and Firms
View the 2022-23 key renewal dates for CPABC public practitioners and firms.
Public Practice Knowledge Base
Search or Browse our Public Practice Knowledge Base for specific topics or categories.
Member Advisory Services
Richard Konings, CPA, CA
Director, Member Advisory Services
Linda Odhiambo, CPA, CA (SA)
Associate Director, Member Advisory Services
- Important Notice
- CSRS 4200 Compilation Engagement Alert
- 2022 - 2023 Key Renewal Dates for CPABC Public Practitioners
- Firm Names / Use of CPA
- Public Practice Licensing
- Practice Review
- Public Practice - Pre-Approved Training Offices
- Public Practice Fees
- Public Practice Resources
- Contact Member & Practice Regulation