Ms. Laraine A. Funk - September 25, 2013
September 25, 2013
CGA-BC filed a complaint against member Ms. Laraine A. Funk of Surrey, BC, for failing to comply with two Ethics Committee Orders concerning Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as well as for failing to comply with CPD requirements for the 2010-2012 three-year CPD cycle.
The Discipline Committee found Ms. Funk in breach of the Code of Ethical Principles and Rules of Conduct, in effect from September 22, 2012, as follows:
Rules R302 – Professional Development; R604(c) Admittance to Membership; R601 – Compliance because:
- Ms. Funk did not adhere to the professional development standards set out by CGA-BC commencing with her 2008-2010 three-year CPD cycle;
- She did not fulfill the ethics course requirement in any of the three-year cycles for 2008-2010, 2009-2011, or 2010-2012;
- She did not file a CPD report with CGA-BC in 2012;
- She was required by an Order to pay a fine in the amount of $250.00, to complete the four-hour ethics course, and to improve her conduct by complying with CPD requirements. Ms. Funk failed to complete the four-hour ethics course or pay the fine;
- She was required by a subsequent Order to pay a total fine in the amount of $500.00, to complete the four-hour ethics course, and to comply with the original Order by paying the outstanding fine of $250.00. Ms. Funk failed to complete the four-hour ethics course or pay the fines;
- She has not complied with the Bylaws and the Code of CGA-BC; and
- She has not upheld the standards of her profession.
(a) suspended for one (1) year from the date of this decision;
(b) fined $4,200;
(c) assessed full costs of $2,030.31;
(d) required to improve her conduct by completing the mandatory four-hour ethics course; and
(e) file the outstanding CPD report for 2012.
As Ms. Funk failed to comply with the above-stated Discipline Committee Order, she is expelled from membership pursuant to Bylaw B906(c).