Job Change EVR to PPR
Students/candidates must submit their Change of Job CPA Review within 90 days of their employment status change.
CPABC Practical Experience team must assess your former EVR experience before you can start reporting your new PPR experience in PERT. The following circumstances are considered an “EVR to PPR” job change and require the submission of a CPA Review (Change of Job):
- Your former experience route is EVR and your new experience route is PPR
Do not start reporting your new (current) job in PERT until your CPA Review (Change of Job) has been completed.
Before you request your job change assessment, please ensure the following in PERT:
- All experience has been reported up to your last date of employment (or the last day before the change in the role) and all experience reports are in “Verified” or “Reviewed” (not “New”) status.
- The latest Mentor meeting is close to the last date of employment (or the last day before the change in the role) and has detailed comments on the reasonableness of your self-assessed proficiency levels for both technical and enabling competencies. If it is not, you will need to ensure a current Mentor meeting is completed before requesting a CPA review.
- All Leave Taken days are reported (if any).
Refer to the CPA Practical Experience Requirements (PER) Section 2.5.3 Allowancefor time off.
- All quoted report periods are consecutive, not cumulative.
If you have gaps in your reporting, please leave a note in the most recent report with an explanation to support your CPA review.
Step 1: Create an EVR report
Create a new EVR report with the End Date equal to the last date of your previous job.
All public practice candidates are required to attach a signed CPA Chargeable Hours Form to the report (see chargeable hours form). Please ensure the form reflects the same period of time reported in PERT. The form must be signed by you and a partner at your firm.
Consider providing this additional information in the Notes area of your experience report:
- The name of your new PPR employer, office location, job title, start date
- The intended program name (PPR route)
- The name of your current Mentor
- Explanation of gaps between reports (if any)
Once your experience report(s) are verified by your supervisor, you can request a CPA Review / Change of Job Assessment.
Step 2: Request a “Change of Job” assessment
Request a CPA Review: for the review reason, select the “Change of Job Assessment” option.
The status of the CPA review can be tracked in PERT. You will be notified once the review is complete.
Step 3: Update your PERT profile
After your job change assessment is completed by CPABC Practical Experience team, your experience route will be changed to “Unemployed” and your reporting status will be changed to “Unemployed” or “Pre-assessment Required”. Your Mentor may be also removed.
Your next step is updating your PERT profile to reflect your new experience route:
- Change Experience Route from “Unemployed“ to “Pre-approved Program”.
- Input Organization name (start typing and select from a list of pre-approved organizations).
- Select the Program you will be in (PPR route).
- Input the Mentor’s email address (not mandatory at this step).
Require Further Assistance?
Inquiries can be directed to the CPABC Practical Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name on your PERT profile in the subject line of your email. You may be also asked for your CPA ID number.