CPABC organizes many events for the enjoyment and professional development of its members, students and their guests. The Association has established the following policies governing those events. If you have any questions or concerns, please email CPABC.
As part of our coverage of CPABC events, participants may be videotaped, photographed and/or quoted, with or without attribution. If you object to being photographed or videotaped, please let one of the organizers know.
Conditions of Attendance
Members (and other guests) are invited to CPABC events on the condition that they must:
- accept responsibility for their own alcohol consumption;
- moderate their intake of alcohol; and
- co-operate with CPABC’s efforts to ensure their safety.
CPABC reserves the right to ban from future events any member (or other guests) who fail to comply with, these conditions of attendance.
At all CPABC events at which alcohol is served, CPABC will make reasonable efforts to:
- remind the attendees of this policy and of their obligations as guests of CPABC;
- provide a selection of non-alcoholic beverages as alternatives to alcoholic beverages;
- prevent an attendee who shows outward signs of impairment from continuing to consume alcohol;
- appoint a designated driver or provide alternate means of transportation to attendees who show outward signs of impairment;
- prevent an attendee who shows outward signs of impairment from leaving the event unaccompanied; and
- document, immediately following the event, any actions which a CPABC staff member or volunteer takes in response to dealing with an impaired event attendee.