Recognize the leadership and executive accomplishments of non-members that have made a significant contribution to the profession and positions them as leaders in the business community and community at large.
The criteria would be similar to those for the fellowship or lifetime achievement awards.
- Outstanding service to the profession, above and beyond the expectations of the role in which they served, in volunteer role (not paid, but acceptable if provided honorariums).
- In addition, his/her background must be such that honorary membership will bring credit to the profession. The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the British Columbia or Canadian Institute, and, except in extraordinary circumstances, he/she must also have provided leadership in at least one of the following areas:
- In pursuit of his/her career;
- In service (civic, community, political, business, professional or charitable organizations);
- In research, teaching, writing or speaking.
Nominated by more than one member.
Nominations are now open. All nomination files must be received by 4:00 pm, Monday, September 18, 2023.