Meet some of our past Distinguished Service Award recipients.
Candidates are selected on the basis of the importance of their recent or present volunteer contribution to the profession and/or to one or more not-for-profit or charitable organizations for a substantial period of time. The demonstration of outstanding service should be evidenced by:
- Significant contribution as a volunteer for a substantial period of time:
- within community or charitable organizations or other not-for-profit organizations, or
- on a Board, chapter, committee or initiative that furthered the CPA profession;
- Known for openness honesty, integrity and professionalism, and providing leadership and dedication;
- Participation in activities or events as a member, honorary chair, organizer, etc.;
- Quality of work accomplished for organizations;
- Strength of commitment;
- Key role in improving the organization’s models and practices and implementing new initiatives;
- Achievements that will have a strong positive impact for the organization.
Nomination files should highlight the fact that candidates clearly identify themselves as Chartered Professional Accountants and that they are known and recognized as CPAs.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member in good standing
- Recipients of equivalent awards are not eligible (equivalent awards include legacy and the previous Community Service and Volunteer Service to the Profession Awards)
- Not be a member of a Board of Directors of CPABC or CPA Canada or the CPA Western School of Business
- Not be employed by the profession for recognition of service to the profession
- Not be compensated/paid for the activity being recognized
- Not have been unsuccessfully nominated for this award three or more times during the previous seven years (excluding any nominations made in 2016 or earlier)
- Demonstrate significant achievements as outlined in the selection criteria
- Nominated by more than one member. Where the nomination is not-for-profit or charitable organization based, the nomination can be proposed by non-members.
Nominations are now open. All nomination files must be received by 4:00 pm, Monday, September 18, 2023.