Early Achievement Award
Nominations are now open. All nomination files must be received by 4:00 pm, Monday, September 20, 2021.
Based on experience post designation only, and include one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstration of the nominee’s abilities relating to financial expertise, leadership, strategic thinking and business insight and how they contribute to achieving targeted objectives.
- Nature of the achievements and impact on the nominee’s organization, whether in public practice, business or industry, education or government.
- Originality and innovative nature of the achievements.
- Impact of the achievements on the targeted clientele.
- Demonstration of the nominee’s dynamism and determination in achieving targeted objectives or fulfilling responsibilities.
- Nature and significance of the responsibilities assumed by the nominee throughout his or her career and career path.
- Relationship between the nominee’s achievements and future goals in terms of career development.
Visibility of the profession
- Contribution of the nominee’s achievements to the visibility of the profession.
- Nomination files should highlight the fact that candidates clearly identify themselves as chartered professional accountants and that they are known and recognized as CPAs
- Nature and significance of the nominee’s involvement in the community, in particular as a volunteer with community or charitable organizations, other not-for-profit organizations or professional groups.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Member in good standing
- Have had their Canadian accounting designation for up to 10 years including up to one year past their 10th anniversary of membership
- Recipients of equivalent legacy awards not eligible
- Not be employed by CPABC or CPA Canada
- Not have been unsuccessfully nominated for this award three or more times during the previous seven years (excluding any nominations made in 2016 or earlier)
- Demonstrate significant achievements as outlined in the selection criteria
- Nominated by more than one member
- It is expected that there will be several recipients of this award annually.